Family members of the dreaded gangster Vikas Dubey, arrested a day earlier in the killing of 8 policemen in Kanpur, have disowned him after he was killed in an encounter earlier this morning. According to TV reports, the family has expressed unwillingness to accept his body. Dubey’s father told reporters that he met his fate. Meanwhile, doctors said that Vikas Dubey suffered four bullet injuries in retaliatory firing after he tried to escape from police custody following a road accident of the vehicle in which he was being taken to Kanpur from Ujjain. The encounter took place in Bhauti area near Kanpur at around 6:30 am. Vikas Dubey was on the run for the past one week after killing 8 Uttar Pradesh Police personnel at his Bikru village in Kanpur during a raid. Police had gone to arrest him in a fresh attempt to murder case, but the gangster along with his henchmen attacked police that claimed eight lives. According to police, Vikas Dubey was named in 62 cases, including four ve of murder. He was carrying a bounty of Rs 5 lakh on his head.
Gangster Vikas Dubey was arrested on Thursday morning in Ujjain. Vikas, named in nearly 60 cases, was nabbed after he was spotted at the Mahakaleshwar temple. He was on the run since July 3 after he set up an ambush outside his home in Bikru village of Kanpur where eight policemen lost their lives. During the raid, eight police personnel, including a Deputy Superintendent of Police and three Sub-Inspectors, were killed.